Peekers and Seekers

Friday, April 13, 2012

A serious older woman

well...probably older than any of my readers.
I'm watching the videos of the April 10-12 T4G conference.  Really good listening.  http://t4g.org/
David Platt talked about common certain words in the conversation of some...of such as these, I was.
 To mention hell, Jesus Christ, God to emphasize a point or to sound like those I was speaking to at that moment...but using these in loose, irreverent ways.  I would liberally sprinkle sentences with these, not giving a thought to the reality of any word.  He reminds us these are certain and a real place or person.
I have given my attention and allegiance to Christ for almost 50 years now.  And my speech has definitely changed.  Oh, it wasn't as one tries to improve their grammar, but as one who's grammar has been taken over...operated by another.  As if I moved over and let the Spirit drive, doing it as if in 'auto-pilot'. 
I didn't change my speech immediately...it took awhile to learn to 'drive' behind the wheel with another...two sharing the seat.  After time, I took over the wheel and enjoyed the view (conversation)...it became as natural as the rest of my words.
My goal is that eventually, ALL my words will be pleasing to my Driving Instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment