Peekers and Seekers

Monday, April 2, 2012

boy, I get myself in trouble...

just by opening my mouth.  I'm pretty opinionated; here's one of my opinions:

I'm really tired of reading and hearing about one 17 year old juvenile and the man who shot him, in self-defense according to the newspapers.  It has taken up way too many minutes of air time or of journalism articles.  I remember there are military defending me every day, many who are killed or injured...in war zones around the world.  They certainly don't get the attention they deserve.  Come on!  It's getting 'wacky' unbalanced.
I learned of another juvenile in the North Iowa area we're from, who several times shot his mother last week.  The community mourns the loss of a woman of character, a wife, mother, daughter, sister.  One who was helping to save lives in her nursing career.  A tradgedy noted only in the local papers, but felt by so many.
I find it difficult to think of these things:

 "...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
(Philippians 4:8 ESV)


My photo on March 15...my birthday (75th)

No comments:

Post a Comment