Peekers and Seekers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Brilliant colors today...

did the relatives and disciples of Jesus notice the beauty of nature the morning after Easter?  As I write, I'm looking out at our yard and neighborhood.  Bright greens, Carolina Blue sky...even the boring greyish bark of the trees look good.  It (the bark) covers a factory of life within, years of growth, maturing for its use in the future. 
Or were the women and disciples so immersed in the mystery of the missing body they didn't notice the life around them?
Today is victory...then and now...He's gone from that place...He is risen!

I got lost in reading old sermons from Desiring God site this morning.  This is too good not to share:
http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/10-resolutions-for-mental-health at the bottom of the article is a quote from another:

 Even if I turn out to be wrong, I shall bet my life on the assumption that this world is not idiotic, neither run by an absentee landlord, but that today, this very day, some stroke is being added to the cosmic canvas that in due course I shall understand with joy as a stroke made by the architect who calls himself Alpha and Omega.

I believe God, the Creator of everything, painted the canvas around me and then placed me right in front of it.  It fills my sight and thrills my heart. 
One of my favorite flowering vines is Clematis...I have several.  Here are three that are blooming today:
The whitish is one I transplanted from a shady spot in the yard only 3 weeks ago...why not enjoy the 'canvas' around you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment