Peekers and Seekers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Royal comforts

I've been selling a few books on AMAZON; just quilting and scrapbooking items.  When I think of the retail price I paid for them new, and now they go for just a buck or two.  They were 'impulse purchases' that I'm over now!  This leaves me with a new occupation:  dreaming over the wishbook of Amazon.com and just what I'll order with the small reserve of $$ I've accumulated.
My wishlist is tempting me.  The one I plan to order soon is, SOLOMON by PG Ryken.  In the sample pages, I read in I Kings 1 of Abishag, the human hot water bottle.  King David was old and shivering in his bed, just couldn't warm up!  Someone, (was it the court physician?)  ordered a Shunnamite woman to be put into bed with him for the express purpose of warming him up.  Nothing else, it seems.
Wonder if it worked. 
Wonder what she thought of this command on her life. 
Wonder what David thought as he shivered there.
Yup!  After reading the sample pages and several critic reviews, I'm going to order this book next.  Not just to read about David's bed partner, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment