Peekers and Seekers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

OK, this really IS the last blog of the year...

It's early morning.  This end of New Year's Eve is quiet and reflective here.  I'm the only one up; I will probably be the first to bed tonight...
I just found the following from a blog I often visit.
~~~~~~~~~about Mary:
I'm certain there would always be whispers and unbelievers and a reputation ruined in the eyes of friends and relatives. I once read the statement that the only human on earth who knew it was a virgin birth was Mary. With certainty Elizabeth must have believed and been a friend to Mary. Joseph believed but not at first.

I pondered on the very young mother and what it was like as she raised her Son. Did she play tag with Him and sing Him songs and tell Him stories of times past? Did Joseph show Him how to use a chisel and a hammer? Did Joseph read from the Torah... the words to the Word?

There are many people I've met in the Bible with whom I would love to sit and talk over delicious tea (for I'm certain the tea of Heaven will be delightful). Mary is near the top of that list. I wonder if she would share how it was to be chosen the mother of the Lamb of God... or will she continue to ponder those things in her heart?

http://coffeeteabooksandme.blogspot.com/

I so identify with this writer.  I, too, have many questions and few answers.
See you next year!

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy you liked these paragraphs. They came to me as I pondered what it must have been like to raise Jesus as a little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete