Peekers and Seekers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Looks like I have a bi-monthly blog.

It's been my usual TWO weeks since I visited this blog.
Last night was the CNN Republican debate...I wanted so badly to watch as I have with all the others, but was too sick with URI (upper-respiratory-infection) - and the DVR was busy with other shows.
Sounds like Newt was the star again.  I'm not surprised.  Have I told you how much I agree with him??
I pulled up the WEEKLY STANDARD site this morning and you can read it http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/history-newt_609219.html or here's what I got out of it:

Billy Carter tried to stop Ronald Reagan with what the Dems called 'right-wing extremist' statements.
Californians tried to stop Arnold Schwartzenegger with his reputation of womanizing.
Republicans thought they could stop Clinton with the Monica affair...nope!
They also want "a candidate who's bold and tough"...enough so they may overlook some "female" troubles in his past.  He's pretty unbeatable in debate.
So, I guess you know who I'm rooting for...but in the end, it will be the man of God's appointment anyway.
Makes me think of the verse my daughter has on a card in her car:
"Look among the nations, and see;  wonder and be astounded.
For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told."  Habakkuk 1:5

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.  We have much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment