Peekers and Seekers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

begging bread in desolate places:
if I was a beggar, a hungry beggar,
filled with visions of bread...warm,
fragrant, crusty bread...where would
I run to?  whose door would I knock on?
without running through all the streets,
where would I land first to beg bread?
whose hand would offer me bread,
satisfying my longing?
I would knock on the entry or push
open the door of a BAKERY...a
fragrant store of loaves__ piles, shelves
filled with fresh and perfect loaves of
wonderful bread.
The great Satisfier filled my longing
heart with Himself almost a half
century ago... like having constant
access to a shop filled with fresh bread at
anytime, He satisfys my longings for
divine sustenance, the Word...even
joining me in the filling.
He satisfys my soul, my cup
   runneth over.

A few minutes after writing the above,
I was directed to Acts 3 in my Bible study
book.  The account of the man lame from
birth, begging from men going into (Temple)
to worship.  He couldn't run from shop to shop,
down the streets of town.  There are several
positions of begging.  If he received coins, he
would need to employ able-bodied people to
search the shops for his bread.
Instead of money, Peter gave him
THE BREAD OF LIFE.  That Bread gave him
what he needed most...health AND salvation.
I've tasted that bread...it's WUNDERFUL.




No comments:

Post a Comment