Peekers and Seekers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

company comin'

I look forward to the next September days.  My sister from Iowa, whom I haven't seen in over four years, and my daughter who lives mostly in Romania, whom I haven't seen in over two years...are coming to visit.  The weather has been beautiful since the hurricanes passed through, and NC has pre-frost beauty in nature to show.  The very hot days are over until next summer.
I've prayed much about their visit; mostly, I've prayed they would sense the love and joy for Jesus in this house, not that OUR testimony will be highlighted, but that HE would be.
Funny how I find new things to be thankful for, just keeping my eyes and mind open.  This morning I'm thanking God for Paul's beatings.  Because he continued to strive in spite of terrible beatings, 39 flesh wound stripes on his back five times (2 Cor. 11:24)...and more physical discomforts...he cried out to God.  Those cries were captured in print to encourage and edify me, to build up my faith in God, to treasure Christ even more.
Now that I'm writing this, I thank god for David's many troubles.  We're all comforted by his cries for protection and mercy.  When I meditate on those verses, my own faith is deepened.

July flowers in my yard....

No comments:

Post a Comment