Peekers and Seekers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

He married his sweetheart

While reading a critique of McCullough's biography of Harry Truman, I read:
“Listen, son, I married my sweetheart,” Truman said, “She doesn’t run around on me, and I don’t run around on her. I want that understood."
That sounds exactly like something my own husband would quickly say!
I can only hope all who read this blog can say the same!

I'd like to read the book, but have you seen any of McCullough's tomes?  Would have to give up a portion of life to get through it.

Thankful today for: married almost 50 years to my sweetheart, experiencing the first EARTHQUAKE during my life with surprise and NO injuries.  One never knows what the day holds when one tumbles out of bed in the morning.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
   his mercies never come to an end;
 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
  "The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
    "therefore I will hope in him."

   Lamentations 3:22-24

  (WRAL.com photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment