Peekers and Seekers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Do you hope so??

Often I say, "Oh, I hope so!" or, "Is that what you hope for?" 
We hope for the mundane:  I hope the coffee is hot.  I hope the sun shines today.  I hope my gr-kids turn out alright.  I hope my money stretches....
I've been watching the flowers pop into bloom the last couple of weeks.  A few years ago I planted a Camelia bush but it didn't bloom until this year...couldn't even remember what color it was supposed to be.  It's RED!!  (photo I took below).  The last few years the ornamental peach and pear trees were in bloom and we had another hard freeze that turned the blossoms a disgusting brown...they looked like Satan touched each one and laughed.
So, this spring I hoped that wouldn't happen...and my hope was realized...it didn't.  They bloom today; the jonquils and forsythia are also bright against the still sleeping grass.  What I hoped for did occur...flowers that bloom in the spring.

Today I share a V.I.P. 'hope-for'~~~"Looking for that blessed hope and the appearing of the great God, and our Savior Jesus Christ." 
He is my hope and I'm hoping for the day He will return.  I can count on that promise:  HE WILL RETURN !
That verse is followed by another gem-the gospel: ~~~~"Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity..."   Titus 2:13,14
Yay!  Thank you, Jesus........you are my reason for hope.

What are you hoping for today??

No comments:

Post a Comment