Peekers and Seekers

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tear down the symbols of hate...

In 1987, then President Ronald Regan announced publicly in his speech before Brandenburg Gate:
General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

As I thought about that, I was thinking, "World, tear down this CROSS !"  I know it was necessary for my Savior to die upon that cross...it was God's plan and His plans are perfect.  But, for me, for those who live for Christ alone, I no longer want to think of that cruel instrument.  It did its work for me already...I flinch to see it or think of it now.  Thankful for it, yes, but in my mind, I'd like to see someone tear down this cross! But, that's a foolish thought...there are millions who still need to realize the One Sacrifice they must have in this life, the One required by a just God, hangs upon that cross.
So, it still stands for them...and I thank God today that I once faced it, embraced it, but now meet Him in pleasant places each day.

Today is Thanksgiving Day...I could recite every minute of the day, all the things I'm am so thankful for....all of them gifts from God.  Even the very words and breath it takes to recite them, is a gift from Him.
I wanted to share this with you...please respond .....and enjoy the day we honor Him and give Thanks.

Peter Robinson wrote RR's speech:
Peter Robinson, an author and former White House speechwriter, is a Fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. In 1983 Robinson joined President Ronald Reagan's staff, serving almost five years as speechwriter and special assistant to the President, an experience he recounts in his 2003 book, How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life. Robinson provided the chief executive with more than 300 speeches, including the 1987 Berlin Wall address.
http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2007/summer/berlin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment