Peekers and Seekers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

recycle to make a little bag

My grandson had the neatest little waterproof bag with zipper that they bought for $1 at Target...neat idea.  So, of course, I had to copy.
I used a 28 oz. bag left from frozen potatoes. 

Wipe out if necessary, cut in two even halfs...can't just fold in half or the one side will be upside down.  Cut straight across the middle, through both thicknesses at once.

                                      
Next, I went to JoAnn's and bought a 12" zipper for $2.00...I picked one with metal teeth instead of poly; I probably could have gotten a 9", but I would cut off excess anyway, so it depends on the size of bag.  I enjoy putting in zippers, so that was no problem.

Please let me know if there's a place with cheaper zippers?
The bag is completely double and this is how the inside looks:

After sewing in the zipper, I sewed up the sides, then bottom lastly.  And, WALLAH!

Turned out GREAT...except one thing:  mine cost exactly double what my grandson's did...his was only a $1 and already made. Hmmmmm....
I give free lessons if you need help with yours.
....She likes to work with her hands.  Proverbs 31:13b

No comments:

Post a Comment