Peekers and Seekers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

just a few thoughts...

I took this photo minutes ago.

 There's a crew of roofers putting new roof shingles on the house behind us.  I don't know what country these men are from but they're all speaking Spanish and...they're are all HAPPY workers.  Yes, hard workers, but so happy.  It's nice to see people who have work at all, and even more gratifying to watch HAPPY workers!

I'm still checking out scones and visited Panera again this week.  I noticed two middle-age couples sitting next to my table.  They were all Asian and were speaking in their own language.  That's so cool...they could speak as freely and loudly as they chose, and very few people in the crowded cafe knew what they were discussing.  They seemed to enjoy their food and I noticed they weren't drinking tea or eating rice cakes.  They were eating lots of carbs and sugar and drinking COFFEE.  That surprised me.  Also, they didn't look like they had just arrived in the U.S.  The women had very curly hair (perms?), all had blue jeans and wore Nikes.  I realized I had my own stereotype.  Is that a type of bias?  Don't know, but it was fun watching them and sharing it with you.

I'm so very thankful we weren't in the awful storms of last week. 
"Preliminary government estimates say that there were more tornadoes in a single day during the outbreak than ever recorded in history. Of the 312 twisters that were spawned, 226 occurred within a 24-hour period."  Huffington Post.

"Frequent and intense tornado outbreaks resulted in 552 tornado-related deaths in 2011, the second deadliest year on record, from 1,709 tornadoes, raising fears that this will be another devastating year for tornadoes."  Meteriologist, Paul Yeager on Huffington Post.  HP's photo below:

I won't use the too common comment of today, 'MY HEART BREAKS FOR THEM'...that phrase is often over used and said with out meaning.  I'm able to keep them in my thoughts and actually DO something about it...pray for them.

"Oh preserve us and our habitations, that we be not buried in the ruins of them as Job's children were."  Job 1:19

No comments:

Post a Comment