Peekers and Seekers

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Christmas in the South

I spent Christmas at daughter #2 south of New Orleans.  Came home one month ago tomorrow (eve of New Year's eve).  She collects angels and brings them all out at Christmas time.


 My friends call me a tornado magnet after a killer tornado flew over us, killing 4 in a town nearby...and I was in one in N. Iowa in June.

My daughter is a super hostess and loves to entertain.  My time was much more fun than I'd have by myself.  She's a great cook; I tasted sea creatures cooked creatively, rich desserts, good coffee. 
 
It was harvest time of sugar cane; I visited one of their 'above-ground' cemetaries and bayous, saw brackish water...all these new to me.

I was able to visit her church with her , sew a wardrobe for her dog Ruby:




 
I'll share more another time.  Stay warm..."and Mama in her kerchief and me in my cap......ready for a long winter's nap."



 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment