Peekers and Seekers

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Heavenly garments

Along the 'rabbit trail' (meandering) in the O.T. today, I found Judges 6:34:
"...the Spirit of God clothed Gideon."
Strong's defines that word as "to put on clothes, be clothed, wear".  One commentary says Gideon wore the Spirit for a coat as he went into battle.  I love that picture!  My imagination goes into overdrive at times.  What does Gideon's coat look like in your mind?
Our 'call to worship' last Sunday was from Rev. 19:6-9.  One verse says the Lamb's Bride has made herself ready; she put on a lovely gown, linen, bright and pure. (White, of course).
I thought of my husband immediately.  I've had difficulty placing him in my mind exactly where he might be in heaven and what he might be doing.
He was a weaver for many years.  I can picture him at a loom in heaven, busy making fine fabrics or carpets.  That brought the questions to mind:
who raises the flax? -- where are the fields?
who harvests the flax? -- were they lifelong farmers here on earth?
who spins the flax? -- what do the looms look like?
who weaves the yarns? -- they laugh and sing as they work.
He would love to work alongside other laborers working to complete the wedding garments and details.
I'll save the rest of my imaginings for blogging next time.
(his loom below)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment