Peekers and Seekers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I wonder where my little white Bible is?  When I was quite young, somebody gave me a small white Bible...can't imagine who, since our family didn't attend church during those years.  I kept it until I was in my late twenties, although when I read it, I couldn't understand ANY of it.

Not long after Christ was explained to me and I responded (at age 27) my husband and I drove to Florida.  We stopped at the St. Louis Zoo,( in the heart of the city as I recall)...and our car was robbed while we were watching animals.  It was a sunny Saturday morning, came out of the zoo to find luggage and belongings GONE!  Reported the break-in to police and went on our way.  But it came back into my memory today and I wondered what happened to the white Bible?

Since God's word cannot return to Him as void, (Isaiah 55:11) what did His word accomplish in whomever read that?  or did it just end up in a dumpster?  in any case,  His word is alive and eternal.  Does it live on in the heart of the robber?  or one of his partners?  hm,m,m...hadn't thought about that Bible in all these years.

Today I have many Bibles, of several translations, and thanks to God, I can love and understand the Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment